Fri, 01 Sept|
Malmö, Quality Hotel The Mill
Three - Day Mediation Intensive
Bridging perspectives in a increasingly complex world
Time & place
01 Sept 2023, 09:30 CEST – 03 Sept 2023, 16:00 CEST
Malmö, Quality Hotel The Mill, Amiralsgatan 19, 211 55 Malmö, Sweden
About the event
Three-Day Mediation Intensive – Bridging perspectives in a increasingly complex world
About the course
This is a transformative three-day mediation course designed for coaches, therapists, facilitators, lawyers, HR professionals, social workers and others wanting to improve their capacity to hold space for parties in conflict.
The training will offer you a great opportunity to deepen your communication and empathy skills, as well as offer you hands-on training experience facilitating difficult conversations.
Under the guidance of experienced trainers, you will learn, practice, and experience essential mediation skills.
We will delve into both informal and formal mediation techniques, reconciliation processes, and address dilemmas based on specific situations. Throughout the course, we will emphasize relationship building and navigating multiple perspectives in a complex world.
Day 1: Foundations of Mediation
- Introduction, structure, and mediation practice
- Understanding conflicts and our reactions to them
- Mediator's toolbox for handeling conversational conflicts. Developing empathic presence and deep listening skills
- Exploring key differentiations for clarity in mediation
Day 2: Trust-Building and Mediation Techniques
- Building and rebuilding trust in mediation
- Informal and formal mediation techniques
- Starting a formal mediation: contracts, agreements, and next steps
- Mediator´s toolbox for intense conflicts. Mediating with reluctant parties and managing challenging situations
Day 3: Empathy, Self-Care, and Conflict Resolution
- Understanding how shame influance conflicts
- Understanding the Compass of Needs
- Mediating with emotional states: withdrawal, anger, self-attack, rebellion
- Mediators toolbox self-care
- Dealing with judgments, labels, doubts, fears, and anger
This course is highly practical and hands-on, focusing on maps and skills that we put into practice. Participants will engage in various activities, including group sessions, individual or pair/triad work, and written exercises.
Dates and times
September 1st, 9:30-17:00 September 2nd, 9:30-17:00 September 3rd, 9:30-16:00
Liv Larsson, and/or Kay Rung, and Ricardo Guillén. You can read about us on the Mediation Program page.
No previous Nonviolent Communication (NVC) experience is required. The training is intensive, so we ask you to come well-rested to get the most out of these days.
Get your tickets
Join us on this enriching journey of mediation, conflict resolution, and relationship building. Register now to secure your spot as seats are limited.
About the venue
The course will be given at Quality Hotel The Mill at Amiralsgatan 19 in Malmö.
Malmö is Sweden’s third largest city, conveniently connected to Europe through either Malmö Airport (MMX), or Copenhagen Kastrup International Airport (CPH). We encourage participants to choose environmental friendly modes of transportation such as train when this is possible. Malmö is conveniently connected to Europe through a bridge, and it’s possible to take train from most locations in Europe.
We recommend that you stay in the hotel where the course will be given, fostering community with other course participants. We are delighted to offer participants a voucher that provides a 10 % discount on the hotels prices. More instructions will be sent to you after you register.
For more information about the venue, or how exactly to get there, do not hesitate to contact Ricardo Guillén, who lives in Malmö, knows the city and is happy to help.
Regular ticketFrom €900.00 to €1,200.00
- €1,200.00Tax: vat included
- €900.00Tax: vat included